Whether you need a place to study or a place to host an event for a thousand of your closest friends, the new Burge Union has been designed to welcome you in.
With comfortable lounge and collaborative spaces, innovative and scalable event spaces to accommodate functions for as few as 8 guests or for as many as 1,500, plus convenient student services and fresh dining options, this is KU's modern tribute to a legendary campus host.
If you've got an event to plan, you can check out the Burge Union's innovative Forum design to configure the space for your event's needs, or just to kick start your imagination. Or if you need assistance, planning pointers, or just have a question, the KU Memorial Union is always here to help.
The Burge Union offers KU new spaces to serve the needs of the campus and community, including:
- Four customizable Forum spaces that can be configured separately for meetings or conferences, or combined together to create KU and Lawrence's largest reception hall.
- Expansive lounge, study, and collaborative spaces to fit the needs of KU's (always) studious student body.
- A reflection room for everyone on the KU campus.
The KU Memorial Union strives to carry on its rich history of hospitality on a daily basis. The Burge Union's services aim as high as its namesake, providing a variety of event, student program support, and hospitality services for the KU campus and beyond.
This is more than just a building. It's an environment with services and people who are excited to welcome you in, and who are here to help you make the most of your KU experience.
It's all here at the heart of KU. The services at the Burge Union include:
- On-site Event Services dedicated to making every meeting, conference, and major function a success.
- A new central KU Catering kitchen serving in-house events and delivering everywhere across campus.
- Three dedicated KU Offices offering student programs, support services, and resources to individual KU students and to the larger campus environment.
- A brand new retail dining concept providing fresh and inventive food choices to all guests of the Burge Union.
To give someone a full experience of an environment requires high attention to detail. Every aspect of the Burge Union's design has been considered to provide KU students, staff, and University guests with comfort and style not easily found on other campuses.
Modern design elements, up-to-the-minute technology integrations, and innovative furnishings and finishes in all spaces make the Burge Union a place where you can land, you can participate, and you can create.
It's all here for you, KU. We'll be so glad to see you in April 2018.